- Current: Blog > The Secret Success in Hospitality Industry
The Secret Success in Hospitality Industry – 15 techniques that you keep you on Top
09 September 2020
The hospitality industry rewards passionate and creative people. If you want to pursue your career in the hospitality industry, then your success counts on more than determination - Coastal Elango Institute of Hotel Management. Here are 15 techniques to master for success in hospitality management:
1. Guest satisfaction: Keeping the guests happy and satisfied is the bread and butter of any hotel. As a hotel management student, you have to learn the skills to deal with guests including politeness, care, and attention to details
- Be open to internships: It is through internships that you get the opportunity to get a hands-on experience.
- Participation in culinary events: Participating in culinary events/competition helps you gain real-life experiences and people skills.
- Building good rapport with teachers/mentors: Your college years are the best time to learn as much as you can. Get close with your mentors to learn the real skills from them.When you start working (after getting placed):
- Remember guest names: Guests feel truly welcomed and appreciated when you call them by their names
- Body language matters: Correct body language cues such as eye contact and smile are important for a positive interaction with the guests.
- Gratitude serves best: Expressing gratitude to guests by thanking them make them feel appreciated and valued.
- Participation in culinary events: Participating in culinary events/competition helps you gain real-life experiences and people skills.Smile when on the telephone: All successful hotel managers have a common trait, they smile when talking to guests over the phone.
- Strong greetings: There’s no better way to make guests feel welcomed than to greet them with lines such as, “Hello, how was your day?”
- Pet service: Guests appreciate it when their pets are taken care of during their stay in the hotel.
- Offer surprises to regular guests occasionally: Regular guests love when they are offered free upgrades to suite-style rooms.
- Recreational games for kids: Often, kids get bored during their stay with their parents at the hotel. Successful hotel managers include recreational games and activities for kids to keep them entertained.
- Record guests preferences: Recording guests preferences help in tailoring services such as favourite food items, room and amenity choices.
- Celebrate special occasions: Celebrate special occasions such as birthdays and wedding anniversaries of guests.
- Keep elevator floor clean: Cleanliness in elevator floors is an important concern. Make sure you train the staff to clean them occasionally.
Pursue a rewarding career in hospitality management by joining Coastal Elango Institute of Hotel Management. The world of hospitality management welcomes you with wonderful career prospects!
Join Coastal Elango Institute of catering science & Hotel Management colleges in tamlinadu and pursue a hotel management course to be part of the rewarding and growing industry. We offer you the best hotel management course in tamilnadu which helps you out to achieve the Height of success.
If you Have Any Questions Call Us On +91 9629950117
Hotel Coastal Residency 1/134, Tiruchengode Road, Nallipalayam, Namakkal, Tamilnadu – 637 003, India.+91 4286 280258, +91 8489880055
181, Mount Pleasant Road,+91 8489003388, +91 9043040498
Davisdale, Nilgiris Dt,
Building No. 4, 1st Floor Community Centre,+91 7014488044
Near Sapna Cinema,
East of Kailash, New Delhi - 110062
E-10-2 Megan Avenue 1, 189, Jalan Mayang Sari, Hampshire Park 50400, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia.a.+6011-16177511